CARE CON Male External Catheter (MEC) - Product description
The CARE CON MECs are made of a skin friendly and medical grade silicone. The sheaths are self-adhesive, latex-free and maintains the breathing activity of the skin. By using high-quality silicone, the risk of causing allergic reactions or skin irritations are as good as excluded.
Packaging unit: 30 pieces
Packaging: single packed, non-sterile
What is a Male External Catheter (MEC)?
A Male External Catheter (MEC) or urinary sheath describes a revulsive incontinence system in form of a condom. The self-adhesive GHC urinary sheaths serve to drain the urine of a male. It serves as an aid for the supply for urinary incontinence. The disposable system is made of a anti-allergenic silicone. It is equipped with a connector for a tube, which enables the connection to a urine bag.
The German Health Care urinary sheaths for males are latex-free and solely intended for the single-usage with a wearing period of 24 hours. In comparison to the usage of a catheter, such as an indwelling catheter, MECs have the advantage of being more user friendly, as the user does not have to insert a catheter into the urethra and hence urinary sheaths pose a lower health risk. Furthermore, male external catheters are usually not perceived as disturbing by the patient. The only limitation: MECs cannot cover all circumstances of all users.
Urinalkondome: Vorteile eines Kondomurinals für Männer
- The sheath encloses watertight
- Dependant on the variant and shaft length, also usable for the retracted penis
- The MEC can be rolled up independently by most users without the help of medical attendants
- Including connection possibilities to a leg bag or bedside bag
- Suitable for active users
- Self-adhesive and latex free
- Breathable material
- Disposable diapers and incontinence pads can be dispensed
- No odour nor skin irritations
- Single-use product with a wearing period of up to 24 hours
- No ascending infections or pain
- Suitable for sporty activities
- Available as following variants: CARE CON Type I Comfort, CARE CON Type II Special and CARE CON TYPE III Active
Male External Catheters – Reliable. User-friendly. Skin-friendly.
Here you not only find out what a male external catheter is, but rather also what it can be used for. The revulsive incontinence system is equipped with an open end: the outlet. By connecting a urine bag to the outlet, the urine can be collected. An active user can connect it to a leg bag, which is fixated at lower- or upper thigh, to collect the drained urine. A connection to a bedside bag is possible as well.
Another field where urinary sheaths have an advantage, are for users that exercises actively. Hence a MEC is well suited for aviation activities such as paragliding, hang-gliding or for flying a sailplane. Besides that, MECs are also well suited for diving activities – Especially when wearing a dry suit.
You are looking for further GHC-Products in the area of revulsive incontinence? In our assortment you can find a variety of products for different areas, such as: suprapubic catheter, transurethral catheter, Male External Catheters, Pessaries or Catheter Insertion Kits.